ePub Origins: Creation texts from the ancient Mediterranean : a chrestomathy download
by Charles Doria,Harris Leowitz,Jerome Rothenberg
Doria and Lenowitz collaborated with Jerome Rothenberg on the equally great A Big Jewish Book, and this anthology is in the same spirit of re-imagining our 'primitive' beginnings. Included are ancient Greek, Hebrew, Babylonian, Egyptian and other texts scored on the page in a style influenced by Charles Olson and his theory of Projective Verse.
Lenowitz, Harris; Doria, Charles.
Creation through word: From the Shabaka Stone ; From the Pyramid texts ; From GOD/gods ; From the Hidden sacred book of Moses called "Eighth" or "Holy" ; From the Poimander of Hermes Trismegistos ; Priesly Genesis ; "Wisdom" from Ecclesiasticus ; The seven days of Genesis from the Secrets of Enoch ; Two stories from Ezra the Apocalyptist ; The Sefer yetzira - pt. 2. Elemental creation: 1. Rising: A ritual for the purification of a temple. From the Fifth elegy of Maximian ; 3. Dividing : autonomic and aliyan texts: A. Autonomic texts: Damascius, the Egyptian cosmology. An incantation against toothache. Lenowitz, Harris; Doria, Charles.
Select Format: Paperback. ISBN13:9780385019224.
1361 downloads at 25 mb/s. Beginnings: The Story of Origins.
ISBN 13: 9780385019224.
Lenowitz & Charles Doria ; with/and a pref. by Jerome Rothenberg. C) 2017-2018 All rights are reserved by their owners.
and notes, by Harris Lenowitz & Charles Doria ; with/and a pref. leave here couple of words about this book: Tags: Badalona. On this site it is impossible to download the book, read the book online or get the contents of a book. The administration of the site is not responsible for the content of the site.
There is a book called Origins something or other, a look at many different cultures' and religions' stories of the .
There is a book called Origins something or other, a look at many different cultures' and religions' stories of the creation of the world. What is the full title of this book and who is the author. Update: The book recounts the creation stories of many cultures-from American Indian, to Genesis, to ancient China, to different African stories. It is essentially an anthology of creation stories.
Jerome Rothenberg (born December 11, 1931) is an American poet, translator and anthologist, noted for his work in the fields of ethnopoetics and performance poetry. Jerome Rothenberg was born and raised in New York City, the son of Polish-Jewish immigrant parents and is a descendant of the Talmudist Rabbi Meir of Rothenburg. He attended the City College of New York, graduating in 1952, and in 1953 he received a Master's Degree in Literature from the University of Michigan.
Along the way, he makes clear what drove economic and institutional development in the ancient world: not huge empires but cross-cultural exchange and a very different sort of politics.
It introduces students not only to the ancient texts on which historians rely, but also to the art and architecture that reveal how people lived and how they understood ideas like love, death, and the body.
- Cosmic Codes: Hidden Messages From the Edge of Eternity ebook
- Acts in its Ancient Literary Context (Library of New Testament Studies) ebook
- Tales of heroes: The origins of the Homeric texts ebook
- Didache And Judaism: Jewish Roots Of An Ancient Christian-Jewish Work (Texts and Studies) ebook
- Images and Prophecy in the Ancient Eastern Mediterranean (Forschungen zur Religion und Literatur des Alten und Neuen Testaments) ebook
- The Origins and Character of the Ancient Chinese City: The Chinese City in Comparative Perspective ebook
- The Origins of the Mithraic Mysteries: Cosmology and Salvation in the Ancient World ebook
- Origins: Creation Texts from the Ancient Mediterranean ebook
- Blood Expiation in Hittite and Biblical Ritual: Origins, COntext, and Meaning (Writings from the Ancient World Supplements/Society of Biblical Literature) ebook
- Reading Papyri, Writing Ancient History (Approaching the Ancient World) ebook